As a Digital Project Manager at PRPL, you are the keeper of the castle, the master of the house, the bridge between our clients and the production floor. You are a rock for our clients — someone they 100% trust to troubleshoot any risks or dependencies before they derail a project, as well as to give them bad news straight (but always with a solution in hand). You are the listener and receiver for account feedback, and the strategist working to keep client work digitally relevant. For our developers, designers, and strategists, you are part master planner and part magician: able to build project plans and timelines that account for contingencies before they arise — and able to gently-but-firmly guide our clients, teammates, and vendors to successful project completion.
In your role, you’re responsible for project health, which includes scope, budget, change control, and timeline. As a Digital PM, it’s critical that you have strong leadership, organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills — and you know how to keep a level head to not create panic or false urgency. You are a critical thinker, proficient communicator, planner, doer, and delegator. Ideally, you’re comfortable working in both waterfall and agile environments; you get the human psychology behind getting good project estimates from your teammates; and you’ve got agency experience managing digital projects, from websites to apps and anything in-between.
- Ensure client satisfaction by managing project health, communicating clearly, and making sure the work we deliver matches our internal and client standard of excellence.
- Build project timelines and project plans for new projects, working with the business development team, the resource manager, and your project teams, as needed.
- Work in a fast-paced, digitally-focused environment alongside developers, designers, and strategists to manage multiple accounts simultaneously
- Create a happy, calm, and confident atmosphere on the production floor by planning for contingencies and surfacing risk in advance, and raising the flag before problems arise.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients during the project lifecycle to manage project health/scope, facilitate feedback, discuss project status and deliver reporting, as needed.
- Setup project systems for clients and teams to enable project workflow, time tracking, document repositories, and aggregated client feedback.
- Contribute to the creation of project proposals and SOWs by providing assumptions, risks, mitigation plans, timelines, and project plans when required.
- Understand teammates’ schedules and scope of work to harmonize with project allocations, workload, and ensure alignment with billing schedules and reporting.
- Accurately track projects and ensure correct time tracking, time-and-materials (T&M) reporting, milestone reporting, and weekly project health status updates.
- Partner with the business development team to execute all change orders and account growth opportunities as they arise.
- Manage client communications, expectations, and strategies from inception through delivery of an engagement.
- Develop strong, engaging client relationships that foster partnership and growth.
- 2-4 years of project management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills with both teams and clients
- Understanding of digital project management and design/development terminology
- Demonstrable ability to mitigate risk and lead successful projects
- Portfolio mix of national brands and enterprise-level accounts
- Ability to develop strong, engaging client relationships that foster partnership and growth.
- Familiarity with common project management methodologies, at a minimum waterfall and agile
- Ability to work with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with project management software
- Previous agency experience
- Project Management Certifications