As a project manager at PRPL, you are the keeper of the castle, the master of the house, the bridge between our clients and the production floor. You are a rock for our clients — someone they 100% trust to troubleshoot any risks or dependencies before they derail a project, as well as to give them bad news straight (but always with a solution in hand). For our developers, designers, and strategists, you are part master planner and part magician: able to build project plans and timelines that account for contingencies before they arise — and able to gently-but-firmly guide our clients, teammates, or vendors to a successful project completion.
In your role, you’re responsible for project health, which includes scope, budget, change control, and timeline. As a PM, it’s critical that you have strong leadership, organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills — and you know how to keep a level head and not create panic or false urgency. You are a critical thinker, proficient communicator, planner, doer, and delegator. Ideally, you’re comfortable working in both waterfall and agile environments; you get the human psychology behind getting good project estimates from your teammates; and you’ve got experience managing digital projects, from websites to apps and anything in-between.
- Ensure client satisfaction by managing project health, communicating clearly, and making sure the work we deliver matches our internal and client standard of excellence.
- Build project timelines and project plans for new projects, working with the business development team, the resource manager, and your project teams, as needed.
- Create a happy, calm, and confident atmosphere on the production floor by planning for contingencies and surfacing risk in advance, and raising the flag before problems arise.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients during the project lifecycle to manage project health/scope, facilitate stakeholder feedback, discuss project health/status and deliver reporting, as needed.
- Setup project environments for clients and teams to enable project workflow, time tracking, document repositories, and aggregated client feedback.
- Contribute to the creation of project statement of work (SOW) by providing assumptions, risks, mitigation plans, timeline and project plan when required.
- Work with the Production Manager to triage your teammates’ schedules, and work with Accounts Receivable to make sure billing schedules and reports align with the original statement of work (SOW).
- Accurately track projects against their statement of work (SOW) and ensure correct time tracking, time-and-materials (T&M) reporting, milestone reporting, and weekly project health status updates.
- Partner with the business development team to execute all change orders and account growth opportunities as they arise.
- Manage client communications, expectations and strategies from inception through delivery of an engagement.
- Develop strong, engaging client relationships that foster partnership and growth.
- 2-4 years of project management experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills with both teams and clients
- Demonstrable ability to mitigate risk and lead successful projects
- Portfolio mix of national brands and enterprise-level accounts
- Ability to develop strong, engaging client relationships that foster partnership and growth.
- Understanding of digital project management and design/ development terminology
- Familiarity with common project management methodologies, at a minimum waterfall and agile
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with project management software
- Previous agency experience
- PMP, CSM or other Project Management Certifications