As an Account Manager at PRPL, you are the relationship expert — the one who represents PRPL to the outside world and more specifically, to our clients. Your role is to ensure that the PRPL team delivers on the PRPL promise for our clients: to commit, to explore and to do great work. As the day-to-day primary contact for our clients, you are a natural communicator, an expert marketer and someone that our clients rely on and seek out for informed counsel. Your colleagues at PRPL trust you to take care of clients actively managing their expectations while expertly foreseeing needs and working out solutions that allow PRPL’s capabilities to shine.
You are regarded as a strategic thinker: able to understand a client’s business objectives and proactively map out a plan to deliver success. Through a keen awareness of and ability to identify key performance indicators you ensure that PRPL’s efforts impact the bottom line and drive success for our clients. Cultivating new business and growing accounts is a natural outcome of this skill and will enable you to continually generate revenue for the agency.
- Manage client expectations and strategies from inception through delivery of an engagement.
- Ensure client satisfaction by managing overall account health, actively managing risk, communicating clearly, and making sure the work we deliver matches our internal standard of excellence.
- Consult with all of the PRPL teams including creative, development, strategy, and PMO to communicate client objectives and develop solutions.
- Stay informed on industry-related trends, market research and other relevant data to serve as a trusted resource for our clients.
- Ensure multiple touchpoints with a client every month through in-person client meetings (or video calls), phone calls, thank you/birthday cards, lunch/dinner outings or events.
- Work with business development in the creation of project statements of work (SOW) by providing assumptions, risks, general timeline, and high-level project plan when required. Submit new ideas or SOWs and cost estimates to clients.
- Build high-level project timelines and overarching project plans for new initiatives, working with the business development team, the PMO, and your Account Coordinators, as needed.
- Work with the Traffic Manager/Resource Manager and PMO to triage your teammates’ schedules.
- Work with Accounts Receivable to make sure billing schedules and reports align to the original statement of work (SOW).
- Initiate all change orders as they arise and work with PMO to execute.
- Mentor a Project or Account Coordinator, contribute to their development of a roadmap to grow into a full-fledged PM, and partner with them to tackle big accounts with ease.
- Partner with the Director of Client Services to create continuing education curricula, build documentation and templates, conduct interviews, and onboard new colleagues.
- 5+ years of agency account management experience
- Demonstrable ability to cultivate business with clients and lead successful marketing initiatives
- Portfolio mix of national brands and enterprise-level accounts
- Proven ability to mentor colleagues