As a UX Strategist at PRPL, you turn ideas into fully-realized digital experiences in the marketplace. You will be at the forefront of our client’s transformations by identifying the most impactful problems for us to solve. In other words, you’re able to truly guide our clients through website and product builds, from business strategy to scoping third-party platform integrations, information architecture, UX strategy, SEO planning, wireframing, user testing, functional requirements documentation (FRDs), and data analytics.
You hybridize elements of UX research, architecture, and strategy to understand, define, and achieve client business requirements. You utilize this skill set to work closely with designers, developers, and project managers to ensure the project not only delivers on its requirements, but also its user experience.
You are also a collaborative contributor to your team and teammates, together building continuing education initiatives and pushing each other to be better each and every day.
- Effectively working with clients and projects non-dependent of their type; i.e. a product or website that is brand new, drastically changing from its current state, needing to be enhanced or improved from its current state, etc.
- Generate project requirements and business goals by leading discovery sessions with stakeholders, reviewing the competitive landscape, and holding strategic brainstorming workshops with the project team.
- Lead user research and documentation.
- Effectively synthesize research findings into presentation documents and decks that effectively communicate findings back to the client and project team.
- Conduct competitive analyses and primary and secondary research on each client’s industry, their competitive set, and opportunities for market distinction (or differentiation, if possible).
- Build information architecture (IA) utilizing competitive audits, keyword planning, card sorting, and user navigation testing (e.g., site maps, screen trees, user flows, decision and content tables).
- Develop content/data models, nomenclature and taxonomies.
- Collaborate with designers to define functionality, content, navigation, and interaction models through page-level wireframes and flow diagrams.
- Design and conduct usability tests to validate information architecture and interaction design.
- Create measurement/tracking strategies for products, and set up analytics environments for clients using Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Write strong, clear functional requirements documentation (FRDs) for developers that are easily testable.
- Research new technologies, new services, and new tools to continually push your product knowledge and build efficiencies.
- Effectively lead your project teams and clients through your project deliverables to ensure project success.
- Contribute to departmental culture through collaboration in team meetings and project reviews.
- 3+ years of experience in UX research, architecture, and strategy, content strategy, business analysis, SEO, and data analytics.
- Proven ability to lead projects and produce consistent quality in deliverables.
- Existing portfolio of national or enterprise-level website and product builds.
- Demonstrable ability to contribute to departmental culture.
- Experience in a variety of qualitative research methodologies, including running usability studies and lean usability tests, conducting customer research interviews, requirements gathering activities, concept testing, and writing expert (heuristic) reviews.
- Experience in a variety of quantitative research methodologies, including
- Good negotiation skills to come to workable compromises with clients and project teams.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills. Ability to present projects and project status to clients, the team, and leadership.
- Strong organization and analytical thinking skills, with the ability to synthesize research findings into common themes.
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.